1. Bailey, J.S., A. Rolón, P.S. Holt, C.L. Hofacre, J.L. Wilson, D.E. Cosby, L.J. Richardson, and N.A. Cox. 2007. Humoral and mucosal-humoral immune response to a Salmonella vaccination program in broiler breeders. Int. J. Poult. Sci. 6:172-181.
2. Beuchat, L.R. 2007. Managing food safety risks in the fresh-cut industry. Acta Hort. 746:102-110.
3. Beuchat, L.R., D.A. Mann, and J.B. Gurtler. 2007. Comparison of dry sheet media and conventional agar media methods for enumerating yeasts and molds in food. J. Food Prot. 70:2661-2664.
4. Bilgic, A., W.J. Florkowski, P. Paraskova, M.S. Chinnan, J. Jordanov, A.V.A. Resurreccion, and L.R. Beuchat. 2007. Niche market meats in Bulgaria . J. Food Dist. Res. Soc. 38:17-24.
5. Cama, V.A., J. Pearson, L. Cabrera, L. Pacheco, R. Gilman, S. Meyer, Y. Ortega, and L. Xiao. 2007. Transmission of Enterocytozoon bieneusi between a child and guinea pigs. J. Clin. Microbiol. 45:2708-2710.
6. Cama, V.A., J.M. Ross, S. Crawford, V. Kawai, R. Chavez-Valdez, D. Vargas, A. Vivar, E. Ticona, M. Navincopa, J. Williamson, Y. Ortega, R.H. Gilman, C. Bern, and L.H. Xiao. 2007. Differences in clinical manifestations among Cryptosporidium species and subtypes in HIV-infected persons. J. Infect. Dis. 196:684-691.
7. Chu , H.Y., Y.J. Liu, Y.W. Huang, and Y.P. Zhao. 2007. A high sensitive fiber SERS probe based on silver nanorod arrays. Optics Express 15:12230-12239.
8. Danyluk, M.D., T. Zhao, and M.P. Doyle. 2007. Competitive inhibition bacteria of bovine origin against Salmonella serovars. J. Food Prot. 70:1804-1810.
9. Erickson, M.C., M.A. Bulgarelli, A.V.A. Resurreccion, R.A. Vendetti, and K.A. Gates. 2007. Sensory differentiation of shrimp using a trained descriptive analysis panel. LWT- Food Sci. Technol. 40:1774-1783.
10. Erickson, M.C. and M.P. Doyle. 2007. Food as a vehicle for transmission of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli. J. Food Prot. 70:2426-2449.
11. Feng, Y.Y., Y. Ortega, G.S. He, P. Das, M.Q. Xu, X.C. Zhang, R. Fayer, W. Gatei, V. Cama, and L.H. Xiao. 2007. Wide geographic distribution of Cryptosporidium bovis and the deer-like genotype in bovines. Vet. Parasitol. 144:1-9.
12. Folsom, J.P. and J.F. Frank. 2007. Proteomic analysis of a hypochlorous acid-tolerant Listeria monocytogenes cultural variant exhibiting enhanced biofilm production. J. Food Prot. 70:1129-1136.
13. Gurtler, J.B. and L.R. Beuchat. 2007. Survival of Enterobacter sakazakii in powdered infant formula as affected by composition, water activity, and temperature. J. Food Prot. 70:1579-1586.
14. Gurtler, J.B. and L.R. Beuchat. 2007. Growth of Enterobacter sakazakii in reconstituted infant formula as affected by composition and temperature. J. Food Prot. 70:2095-2103.
15. Gurtler, J.B. and L.R. Beuchat. 2007. Inhibition of growth of Enterobacter sakazakii in reconstituted infant formula by the lactoperoxidase system. J. Food Prot. 70:2104-2110.
16. Henderson , W.M., and M.A. Smith. 2007. Perfluorooctanoic acid and perfluorononanoic acid in fetal and neonatal mice following in utero exposure to 8-2 fluorotelomer alcohol. Toxicol. Sci. 95:452-461.
17. Henderson , W.M., E.J. Weber, S.E. Duirk, J.W. Washington, and M.A. Smith. 2007. Quantification of fluorotelomer-based chemicals in mammalian matrices by monitoring perfluoroalkyl chain fragments with GC/MS. J. Chromatogr. 846B:155-161.
18. Hiett, K.L., N.J. Stern, P. Fedorka-Cray, N.A. Cox, and B.S. Seal. 2007. Molecular phylogeny of the flaA short variable region among Campylobacter jejuni isolates collected during an annual evaluation of poultry flocks in the southeastern United States . Foodborne Pathogens Dis. 4:339-347.
19. Hofacre, C.L., G.F. Mathis, S.H. Miller, and M.W. LaVorgna. 2007. Use of Bactracin and Roxarsone to reduce Salmonella Heidelberg shedding following a necrotic enteritis challenge model. J. Appl. Poult. Res. 16:275-279.
20. Huang, J.R., C.Y. Huang, Y.W. Huang, and R.H. Chen. 2007. Shelf-life of fresh noodles as affected by chitosan and its Maillard reaction products. LWT-Food Sci. Technol. 40:1287-1291.
21. Jen, H.C., S.J. Lin, S.Y. Lin, Y.W. Huang, I.C. Liao, O. Arakawa, and D.F. Hwang. 2007. Occurrence of tetrodotoxin and paralytic shellfish poisons in a gastropod implicated in food poisoning in southern Taiwan . Food Additives Contaminants 24:902-909.
22. Khalil, R., J.F. Frank, A.N Hassan, and S.H. Omar. 2007. Inhibition of phage infection in capsule-producing Streptococcus thermophilus using concanavalin A, lysozyme and saccharides. African J. Biotechnol. 6:2280-2286.
23. Khalil, R., H. Mahrous, K. El-Halafawy, K. Kamaly, J. Frank, and M. El Soda. 2007. Evaluation of the probiotic potential of lactic acid bacteria isolated from faeces of breast-fed infants in Egypt . African J. Biotechnol. 6:939-949.
24. Kim, H., J.H. Ryu, and L.R. Beuchat. 2007. Effectiveness of disinfectants in killing Enterobacter sakazakii in suspension, dried on the surface of stainless steel, and in a biofilm. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 73:1256-1265.
25. Ladely, S.R., M.A. Harrison, P.J. Fedorka-Cray, M.E. Berrang, M.D. Englen, and R.J. Meinersmann. 2007. Development of macrolide-resistant Campylobacter in broilers administered subtherapeutic or therapeutic concentrations of tylosin. J. Food Prot. 70:1945-1951.
26. Limroongreungrat, K. and Y.W. Huang. 2007. Pasta products made from sweetpotato fortified with soy protein. LWT-Food Sci. Technol. 40:200-206.
27. Lin, L.C. and L.R. Beuchat. 2007. Survival and growth of Enterobacter sakazakii in infant cereal as affected by composition, reconstitution liquid, and storage temperature. J. Food Prot. 70:1410-1422.
28. Lin, L.C. and L.R. Beuchat. 2007. Survival of Enterobacter sakazakii in infant cereal as affected by composition, water activity, and temperature. Food Microbiol. 24:767-777.
29. Ma., L., J.L. Kornacki, G.D. Zhang, C.M. Lin, and M.P. Doyle. 2007. Development of thermal surrogate microorganisms in ground beef for in-plant critical control point validation studies. J. Food Prot. 70:952-957.
30. Ma, L., G. Zhang, J. Sobel, and M.P. Doyle. 2007. Evaluation of the effect of acetylsalicylic acid on Clostridium botulinum growth and toxin production. J. Food Prot. 70:2860-2863.
31. Maurer, J.J. 2007. The proper conduct of research. Avian Dis. 51:1-7.
32. Milly, P.J., R.T. Toledo, M.A. Harrison, and D. Armstead. 2007. Inactivation of food spoilage microorganisms by hydrodynamic cavitation to achieve pasteurization and sterilization of fluid foods. J. Food Sci. 72:M414-M422.
33. Moscoso, H., J.J. Bruzual, H. Sellers, and C.L. Hofacre. 2007. FTA® liver impressions as DNA template for detecting and genotyping fowl adenovirus. Avian Dis. 51:118-121.
34. Murray, M.B. J.B. Gurtler, J.H. Ryu, M.A. Harrison, and L.R. Beuchat. 2007. Evaluation of direct plating methods to enumerate Alicyclobacillus in beverages. Int. J. Food Microbiol. 115:59-69.
35. Ortega, Y.R., M.P. Torres, and K.D. Mena. 2007. Presence of Neospora caninum specific antibodies in three dairy farms in Georgia and two in Texas . Vet. Parasitol. 144:353-355.
36. Ortega, Y.R., M.P. Torres, S. Van Exel, L. Moss, and V. Cama. 2007. Efficacy of a sanitizer and disinfectants to inactivate Encephalitozoon intestinalis spores. J. Food Prot. 70:681-684.
37. Palumbo, M.S., J.R. Gorny, D.E. Gombas, L.R. Beuchat, C.M. Bruhn, B. Cassen, P. Delaquis, J.M. Farber, L.J. Harris, K. Ito, M.T. Osterholm, M. Smith, and K.L.J. Swanson. 2007. Recommendations for handling fresh-cut leafy green salads by consumers and retail foodservice operators. Food Prot. Trends 27:892-898.
38. Sanders, S.Q., D.H. Boothe, J.F. Frank, and J.W. Arnold. 2007. Culture and detection of Campylobacter jejuni within mixed microbial populations of biofilms on stainless steel. J. Food Prot. 70:1379-1385.
39. Seiferlein, M., H.U. Humpf, K.A. Voss, M.C. Sullards, J.C. Allegood, E. Wang, and A.H. Merrill. 2007. Hydrolyzed fumonisins HFB1 and HFB2 are acylated in vitro and in vivo by ceramide synthase to form cytotoxic N-acyl-metabolites. Molecul. Nutr. Food Res. 51:1120-1130.
40. Shepherd, M.W., P.F. Liang, X.P. Jiang, M.P. Doyle, and M.C. Erickson. 2007. Fate of Escherichia coli O157:H7 during on-farm dairy manure-based composting. J. Food Prot. 70:2708-2716.
41. Simjee, S., P.F. McDermott, D.G. White, C. Hofacre, R.D. Berghaus, P.J. Carter, L. Stewart, T. Liu, M. Maier, and J.J. Maurer. 2007. Antimicrobial susceptibility and distribution of antimicrobial-resistance genes among Enterococcus and coagulase-negative Staphylococcus isolates recovered from poultry litter. Avian Dis. 51:884-892.
42. Simmons, K., M.A. Harrison, W.C. Hurst, J.A. Harrison, J. Brecht, K. Schneider, A. Simonne, and J. Rushing. 2007. Survey of food defense practices in produce operations in the Southeast. Food Prot. Trends 27:174-184.
43. Smith, J.L., D.J.V. Drum, Y. Dai, J.M. Kim, S. Sanchez, J.J. Maurer, C.L. Hofacre, and M.D. Lee. 2007. Impact of antimicrobial usage on antimicrobial resistance in commensal Escherichia coli strains colonizing broiler chickens. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 73:1404-1414.
44. Snelling, W.J., N.J. Stern, C.J. Lowery, J.E. Moore, E. Gibbons, C. Baker, and J.S.G. Dooley. 2007. Colonization of broilers by Campylobacter jejuni internalized within Acanthamoeba castellanii. Arch. Microbiol. 189:175-179.
45. Son, I., M.D. Englen , M.E. Berrang, P.J. Fedorka-Cray, and M.A. Harrison. 2007. Antimicrobial resistance of Arcobacter and Campylobacter from broiler carcasses. Int. J. Antimicrob. Agents 29:451-455.
46. Son, I., M.D. Englen , M.E. Berrang, P.J. Fedorka-Cray, and M.A. Harrison. 2007. Prevalence of Arcobacter and Campylobacter on broiler carcasses during processing. Int. J. Food Microbiol. 113:16-22.
47. Sosunov, V., V. Mischenko, B. Eruslanov, E. Svetoch, Y. Shakina, N. Stern, K. Majorov, G. Sorokoumova, A. Selishcheva, and A. Apt. 2007. Antimycobacterial activity of bacteriocins and their complexes with liposomes. J. Antimicrobial Chemotherapy 59:919-925.
48. Stern, N.J., F. Georgsson, R. Lowman, J.R. Bisaillon, J. Reiersen, K.A. Callicott, M. Geirsdóttir, R. Hrolfsdóttir, and K.L. Hiett. 2007. Frequency and enumeration of Campylobacter spp. from processed broiler carcasses by weep and rinse samples. Poultry Sci. 86:394-399.
49. Suhalim, R.R., Y.W. Huang, and J.R. Chen. 2007. Interaction of Escherichia coli O157:H7 E318 cells with the mucus of harvested channel catfish (Ictalurus punctatus). LWT-Food Sci. Technol. 40:1266-1270.
50. Voss, K.A., G.W. Smith, and W.M. Haschek. 2007. Fumonisins: Toxicokinetics, mechanism of action and toxicity. Anim. Feed Sci. Technol. 137:299-325.
51. Williams, D., E.A. Irvin, R.A. Chmielewski, J.F. Frank, and M.A. Smith. 2007. Dose-response of Listeria monocytogenes after oral exposure in pregnant guinea pigs. J. Food Prot. 70:1122-1128.
52. Williams, L.D., A.E. Glenn, A.M. Zimeri, C.W. Bacon, M.A. Smith, and R.T. Riley. 2007. Fumonisin disruption of ceramide biosynthesis in maize roots and the effects of plant development and Fusarium verticillioides-inducing seedling disease. J. Agric. Food Chem. 55:2937-2946.
53. Xiao, L.H., V.A. Cama, L. Cabrera, Y. Ortega, J. Pearson, and R.H. Gilman. 2007. Possible transmission of Cryptosporidium canis among children and a dog in a household. J. Clin. Microbiol. 45:2014-2016.
54. Young Stamey, S., O. Olusanya, K. Jones, T. Liu, K. Liljebjelke, and C. Hofacre. 2007. Salmonella reductions in broilers from breeders vaccinated with both live and killed Salmonella vaccines. Appl. Poult. Res. 16:521-528.
55. Zhang, G.D., L. Ma, and M.P. Doyle. 2007. Potential competitive exclusion bacteria from poultry inhibitory to Campylobacter jejuni and Salmonella. J. Food Prot. 70:867-873.
56. Zhang, G.D., L. Ma, and M.P. Doyle. 2007. Salmonellae reduction in poultry by competitive exclusion bacteria Lactobacillus salivarius and Streptococcus cristatus. J. Food Prot. 70:874-878.
57. Zhang, G., L. Ma, O.A. Oyarzabal, and M.P. Doyle. 2007. Aerosol studies with Listeria innocua and Listeria monocytogenes. J. Food Prot. 70:1857-1865.
58. Zhang, G.D., L. Ma, N. Patel , B. Swaminathan, S. Wedel, and M.P. Doyle. 2007. Isolation of Salmonella typhimurium from outbreak-associated cake mix. J. Food Prot. 70:997-1001.