1. Afari, G. K., Y.-C. Hung, C. H. King and A. Hu. 2016. Reduction of Escherichia coli O157:H7 and Salmonella Typhimurium DT 104 on fresh produce using an automated washer with near neutral electrolyzed (NEO) water and ultrasound. Food Control 63:246-254
2. Afolayan, O.T., C.C. Webb, and J.L. Cannon. 2016. Evaluation of a porcine gastric mucin and RNase A assay for the discrimination of infectious and non-infectious GI.1 and GII.4 norovirus following thermal, ethanol, or levulinic acid plus sodium dodecyl sulfate treatments. Food Environ. Virol. 8:70-78.
3. Akhtar, M., A. Maserati, F. Diez-Gonzalez. 2016. Does antibiotic resistance influence shiga-toxigenic Escherichia coli O26 and O103 survival to stress environments? Food Control 68:330-336.
4. Bang, J., M. Choi, Son, L. R. Beuchat, Y. Kim, H. Kim, and J.-H. Ryu. 2016. Sanitizing radish seeds by simultaneous treatments with gaseous chlorine dioxide, high relative humidity, and mild temperature. Int. J. Food Microbiol. 237:150-156.
5. Basnet, P. and Y. Zhao. 2016. Tuning the CuxO nanorod composition for efficient visible light induced photocatalysis. Catalysis Science & Technology 6:2228-2238.
6. Beuchat, L.R. and D.A. Mann. 2016. Comparison of new and traditional culture-dependent media for enumerating foodborne yeasts and molds. J. Food Prot. 79:95-111.
7. Bradley, L., G. Larsen, and Y.P. Zhao. 2016. Designed to fail: Flexible, anisotropic silver nanorod sheets for low-cost wireless activity monitoring. J. Phys. Chem. C 120:14969-14976.
8. Bradley, L. and Y.P. Zhao. 2016. Uniform plasmonic response of colloidal Ag patchy particles prepared by swinging oblique angle deposition. Langmuir 32:4969-4974.
9. Brown, J.D., P. Dunn, E. Wallner-Pendleton, S. Karlyyawasam, T. Schriner, C. Hofacre, J. Johnson, and R. Boyd. 2016. Surveillance for Pasteurella multocida in ring-necked pheasants (Phasianus coichicus) after an outbreak of avian cholera and apparently successful antibiotic treatment. Avian Dis. 60:87-89.
10. Chen, L., Mo, H., Zhao, L., Gao, W., Wang, S., Cromie, M. M., Lu, C., Jia-Sheng Wang, J.-S., Shen C. L. (2016). Therapeutic properties of green tea against environmental insults. J. Nutri. Biochem. 40:1-13.
11. Chen, F., B. R. Flaherty, C. E. Cohen, D. S. Peterson, and Y. Zhao. 2016. Direct detection of malaria infected red blood cells by surface enhanced Raman spectroscopy. Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology, and Medicine, DOI: 10.1016/j.nano.2016.03.001.
12. Chen, X. and Y.-C. Hung. 2016. Predicting chlorine demand of fresh and fresh-cut produce based on produce wash water properties. Postharvest Bio. & Tech. 120:10-15.
13. Chile, N., T. Clark, Y. Arana, Y.R. Ortega, S. Palma, A. Mejia, N. Angulo, J.C. Kosek, M. Kosek, L.A. Gomez-Puerta, H.H. Garcia, C.M. Gavidia, R.H. Gilman, and M. Verastegui. 2016. In vitro study of Taenia solium postoncospheral form. PLoS Neglected Trop. Dis. 10:e0004396.
14. Choi, S., L.R. Beuchat, H. Kim, and J.-H. Ryu. 2016. Viability of sprout seeds as affected by treatment with aqueous chlorine dioxide and dry heat, and reduction of Escherichia coli O157:H7 and Salmonella enterica on pak choi seeds by sequential treatment with chlorine dioxide, drying, and dry heat. Food Microbiol. 54:127-132.
15. Cox, N.A., L.J. Richardson, D.E. Cosby, M.E. Berrang, and M.A. Harrison. 2016. Recovery of Campylobacter from external and internal spleen samples from baby broiler chicks following various routes of inoculation. J. Food Safety 36:132-135.
16. Deng, X., H.C. den Bakker, and R.S. Hendriksen. 2016. Genomic epidemiology: whole-genome-sequencing-powered surveillance and outbreak investigation of foodborne bacterial pathogens. Annu. Rev. Food Sci. Technol. 7:353-374.
17. Fang, J.L., J.L. Cannon, and Y.-C. Hung. 2016. The efficacy of EO waters on inactivating norovirus and hepatitis A virus in the presence of organic matter. Food Control 61:13-19.
18. Fang, Y., Y. Umasankar, and R.P. Ramasamy. 2016. A novel bi-enzyme electrochemical biosensor for selective and sensitive determination of methyl salicylate. Biosensors Bioelectronics 81:39-45.
19. Feasey AN, Hadfield J, Keddy KH, Dallman TJ, Jacobs J, Deng X et al. 2016. Distinct Salmonella Enteritidis lineages associated with enterocolitis in high-income settings and invasive disease in low-income settings. Nature Genetics; doi:10.1038/ng.3644
20. Franca, M., M.A. Barrios, L. Stabler, G. Zavala, H.L. Shivaprasad, M.D. Lee, A.M. Villegas, and F.A. Uzal. 2016. Association of beta2-positive Clostridium perfringens type A with focal duodenal necrosis in egg-laying chickens in the United States. Avian Dis. 60:43-49.
21. Gardner, N.M., R.T. Riley, J.L. Showker, K.A. Voss, A.J. Sachs, J.R. Maddox, and J.B. Gelineau-van Waes. 2016. Elevated nuclear and cytoplasmic FTY720-phosphate in mouse embryonic fibroblasts suggests the potential for multiple mechanisms in FTY720-induced neural tube defects. Toxicol. Sci. 150:161-168.
22. Gardner, N.M., R.T. Riley, J.L. Showker, K.A. Voss, A.J. Sachs, J.R. Maddox, and J.B. Gelineau-van Waes. 2016. Elevated nuclear sphingoid base-1-phosphates and decreased histone deacetylase activity after fumonisin B1 treatment in mouse embryonic fibroblasts. Toxicol. Appl. Pharmacol. 298:56-65.
23. He, Y, K. Lawrence, W. Ingram, and Y.-P. Zhao. 2016. Circular dichroism based refractive index sensing using chiral metamaterials. Chem. Commun. 52: 2047-2050.
24. Hoghooghi, N., Radcliffe, D., Habteselassie, M.Y., Clarke, J. 2016. Confirmation of the impact of onsite wastewater treatment systems on stream base-flow nitrogen concentrations in urban watersheds of metropolitan Atlanta, GA. J. Environmental Quality 45:1740-1748.
25. Jie Cheng, Xiao-Ou Su, Shi Wang, and Yiping Zhao, "Highly sensitive detection of Clenbuterol in animal urine using immunomagnetic bead treatment and surface-enhanced Raman spectroscopy," Scientific Reports 6, 32637 (2016).
26. Jie Cheng, Xiao-Ou Su, Yue Yao, Caiqin Han, Shi Wang, and Yiping Zhao, "Highly sensitive detection of Melamine using a one-step sample treatment combined with a portable Ag nanostructure array SERS sensor," PLoS ONE 11, e0154402. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0154402 (2016).
27. Kvac, M., N. Havdova, L. Hlaskova, T. Dankova, J. Kandera, J. Jezkova, J. Vitovek, B. Sak, Y. Ortega, L.H. Xiao. 2016. Cryptosporidium proliferans n. sp. (Apicomplexa: Cryptosporidiidae): Molecular and biological evidence of cryptic species with gastric Cryptosporidium of mammals. PLoS One 11:e0147090.
28. Larson, S. and Y.P. Zhao. 2016. Tuning the composition of BixWyO nanorods towards zero bias PEC water splitting. Nanotechnol. 27:Article 255401.
29. Lee, C.C., J.R. Chen, and J.F. Frank. 2016. Influence of extracellular cellulose and colanic acid production on the survival of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli on spinach and lettuce after chlorine treatment. J. Food Prot. 79:666-671.
30. Lim, W. and M.A. Harrison. 2016. Effectiveness of UV light as a means to reduce Salmonella contamination on tomatoes and food contact surfaces. Food Control 66:166-173.
31. Lu Zhu, Pradip Basnet, Steven R. Larson, Les P. Jones, Jane Y. Howe, Ralph A. Tripp, and Yiping Zhao, "Visible light-induced photoeletrochemical and antimicrobial properties of hierarchical CuBi2O4 by facile hydrothermal synthesis," ChemistrySelect 1, 1518 - 1524 (2016).
32. Mohammed Meziani, Xiuli Dong, Lu Zhu, Les Jones, Gregory LeCroy, Fan Yang, Shengyuan Wang, Ping Wang, Yiping Zhao, Liju Yang, Ralph Tripp, and Ya-Ping Sun, "Visible-light-activated bactericidal functions of carbon quantum dots," ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 8, 10761 - 10766 (2016).
33. Meziani, M. , X. Dong, L. Zhu, L. Jones, G. LeCroy, F. Yang, S. Wang, P. Wang, Y. Zhao, L. Yang, R. Tripp, and Y-P. Sun. 2016. Visible-light-activated bactericidal functions of carbon quantum dots. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 8:10761-10766.
34. Nagaraj, G., A. Purohit, M. Harrison, R. Singh, Y.-C. Hung, and A. Mohan. 2016. Radiofrequency pasteurization of inoculated ground beef homogenate. Food Control 59:59-67.
35. Olszewska, M. A., T. Zhao, and M. P. Doyle. 2016. Inactivation and induction of sublethal injury of Listeria monocytogenes in biofilm treated with various sanitizers. Food Control 70:371-379.
36. Ouyang, Y., J.M. Norton, J.M. Stark, J.R. Reeve, and M.Y. Habteselassie. 2016. Ammonia-oxidizing bacteria are more responsive than archaea to nitrogen source in an agricultural soil. Soil Biol. Biochem. 96:4-15.
37. Pang, Y.-H. and Y.-C. Hung. 2016. Efficacy of slightly acidic electrolyzed water and UV-ozonated water combination for inactivating Escherichia coli O157:H7 on romaine and iceberg lettuce during spray washing process. J. Food Sci. M1-M6.
38. Pedroso, A.A., A.B. Batal, and M.D. Lee. 2016. Effect of in ovo administration of an adult-derived microbiota on establishment of the intestinal microbiome in chickens. Amer. J. Vet. Res. 77:514-526.
39. Peng, Y., X.Y. Deng, M.A. Harrison, and W.Q. Alali. 2016. Salmonella levels associated with skin of turkey parts. J. Food Prot. 79:801-805.
40. Pollock, B. H., Elmore, S., Romoser, A, Tang, L., Kang, M.-s., Xue, K., Rodriguez, M., Dierschke, N. A., Hayes, H. G., Hansen, H. A., II., Guerra, F., Wang, J.-S. and Phillips, T. (2016). Intervention trial with calcium montmorillonite clay in a south Texas population exposed to aflatoxin. Food Addit. & Contam. Part A. 33 (8):1346-1354.
41. Qian, G., Tang, L., Lin, S., Xue, K. S., Mitchell, N. J., Su, J., Gelderblom, W. C., Riley, R. T., Phillips, T. D., Wang, J.-S. (2016). Sequential dietary exposure to aflatoxin B1 and fumonisin B1 in F344 rats increases liver preneoplastic changes indicative of a synergistic interaction. Food Chem. Toxicol., 95:188-195.
42. Redzwan, S.M., M.S. Abd Mutalib, J.-S. Wang, Z. Ahmad, M.S. Kang, N'A.A. Rahman, E.N. Nasrabadi, and R. Jamaluddin. 2016. Effect of supplementation of fermented milk drink containing probiotic Lactobacillus casei Shirota on the concentrations of aflatoxin biomarkers among employees of Universiti Putra Malaysia: a randomized, double-blind, cross-over, placebo-controlled study. Br. J. Nutr. 115:39-54.
43. Sartelli, M., ...., M.P. Doyle,....2016. Antimicrobials: a global alliance for optimizing their rational use in intra-abdominal infections (AGORA). World Emergency Surgery 11:article 33.
44. Sekar, N., R. Jain, Y. Yan, and R.P. Ramasamy. 2016. Enhanced photo-bioelectrochemical energy conversion by genetically engineered Cyanobacteria. Biotechnology Bioengineering 113:675-679.
45. Son, H., Park, L. R. Beuchat, H. Kim, and J.-H. Ryu. 2016. Inhibition of Staphyloccoccus aureus by antimicrobial biofilms formed by competitive exclusion microorganisms on stainless steel. Food Microbiol. 238:165-171.
46. Sowah, R., Habteselassie, M.Y., Radcliffe, D., Bauske, E., Risse, M. 2017. Isolating the impact of septic systems on fecal pollution in streams of suburban watersheds in Georgia, United States. Water Research 108:330-338.
47. Thitaram, S.N., J.F. Frank, G.R. Siragusa, J.S. Bailey, D.A. Dargatz, J.E. Lombard, C.A. Haley, S.A. Lyon, and P.J. Fedorka-Cray. 2016. Antimicrobial susceptibility of Clostridium difficile isolated from food animals on farms. Int. J. Food Microbiol. 227:1-5.
48. Wainwright, R. and R.P. Ramasamy. 2016. Platinum and platinum-cobalt nanowires supported on carbon nanospheres as electrocatalysts for oxygen reduction. J. Electrochemical Soc. 163:F333-F338.
49. Wang, J.C., L.L. Tang, T.C. Glenn, and J.S. Wang. 2016. Aflatoxin B-1 induced compositional changes in gut microbial communities of male F344 rats. Toxicol. Sci. 150:54-63.
50. Wang, X. C.., Fan, H. X., Fan, M. X., Li, F. H., Feng, S. B., Li, J. C., Wu, J. J., Li,,Y., Wang, J.-S. (2016). A sensitive immunochromatographic assay using colloidal gold-antibody probe for rapid detection of fumonisin B1 in corn. Food Addit Contam Part A. 33(9):1435-1443.
51. Wyngaard, N., Franklin, D., Habteselassie, M.Y., Mundepi, A., Cabrera, C. 2016. Legacy effect of fertilization and tillage systems on nitrogen mineralization and microbial communities. Soil Science Society of America J. 80:1262-1271.
52. Wu, X., C. Han, J. Chen, Y-w. Huang, and Y. Zhao. 2016. Rapid detection of pathogenic bacteria from fresh produce by filtration and surface enhanced Raman spectroscopy. JOM 68:1156-1162.
53. Xiaomeng Wu, Caiqin Han, Jing Chen, Yao-wen Huang, and Yiping Zhao, "Rapid detection of pathogenic bacteria from fresh produce by filtration and surface enhanced Raman spectroscopy," JOM 68, 1156 - 1162 (2016).
54. Xue,K. S., Cai, W., Tang, L. Wang, J.-S. (2016). Aflatoxin B1-lysine adduct in dried blood spot samples of animals and humans. Food Chem Toxicol. 98:210-219
55. Yang, F.C., S.Z. Qian, Y.P. Zhao, and R. Qiao. 2016. Self-diffusiophoresis of Janus catalytic micromotors in confined geometries. Langmuir 32:5580-5592.
56. Yang, Z.D., Wang, J.-S., Tang, L., Sun, X., Xue, K. (2016). The reproductive toxic effects of zearalenone on Caeborhabditis elegans. Asian J. Ecotoxicol. 11(6):23-30
57. Yang, Z.D., Wang, J.-S., Tang, L., Sun, X., Xue, K. (2016). Transgenerational comparison of developmental and reproductive toxicities in zearalenone exposed Caenorhabditis elegans. Asian J. Ecotoxicol. 11(4):900-905.
58. Yanjun Yang, Chunyuan Song, Boyue Yang, Youzhi Sun, Yiping Zhao, and Lianhui Wang, "Ultrasensitive SERS sensor for simultaneous detection of multiple cancer-related miRNAs," Nanoscale 8, 17365-17373 (2016) .
59. Yao, K. P. Basnet, H. Sessions, S.E. Hunyadi Murph, and Y. Zhao. 2016. Fe2O3-TiO2 core-shell nanorod arrays for visible light. Catalysis Today
60. Yizhuo He, Keelan Lawrence, Whitney Ingram and Y.-P. Zhao, "Circular dichroism based refractive index sensing using chiral metamaterials," Chem. Commun. 52, 2047 - 2050 (2016).
61. Zhang, C., B. Li, R. Jadeja, J. Fang and Y.-C. Hung. 2016. Effects of bacterial concentrations and centrifugations on susceptibility of Bacillus subtilis vegetative cells and Escherichia coli O157: H7 to various electrolyzed oxidizing water treatments. Food Control 60:440-446.
62. Zhang, C., B. Li, R. Jadeja and Y.-C. Hung. 2016. Effects of electrolyzed oxidizing water on inactivation of Bacillus subtilis and Bacillus cereus spores in suspension and on carriers. J. Food Sci. 81:M144-M149.
63. Zhang, C., W. Cao, Y.-C. Hung and B. Li. 2016. Disinfection effect of slightly acidic electrolyzed water on celery and cilantro. Food Control 69:147-152.
64. Zhang, C., W. Cao, Y.-C. Hung and B. Li. 2016. Application of electrolyzed oxidizing water in production or radish sprouts to reduce natural microbiots. Food Control 67:177-182.
65. Zhao, T. 2016. Approaches for reduction of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli and Salmonella on hide of cattle. Food: Microbiology, Safety & Hygiene 1 (1): 1-2.
66. Zhao, T. 2016. Biofilm formation of foodborne pathogens and their control in food processing facilities. Food: Microbiology, Safety & Hygiene. 1(2):100.
67. Zhao, T., L. Wang, P. Zhao, J. Yuan, G. Richburg, and M. P. Doyle. 2016. Reduction of Shiga toxin-producing E. coli and Salmonella typhimurium on cattle hides by spray treatment with “Fit-L” (levulinic acid plus sodium dodecyl sulfate). MOJ Food Processing & Technology. 2(5):1-7.