1. Bang, J., A. Hong, H. Kim, L.R. Beuchat, M.S. Rhee, Y. Kim, and J.-H. Ryu. 2014. Inactivation of Escherichia coli O157:H7 in biofilm on food-contact surfaces by sequential treatments of aqueous chlorine dioxide and drying. Int. J. Food Microbiol. 191:129-134.
2. Berrang, M.E., C.L. Hofacre, and J.F. Frank. 2014. Controlling attachment and growth of Listeria monocytogenes in polyvinyl chloride model floor drains using a peroxide chemical, chitosan-arginine, or heat. J. Food Prot. 77:2129-2132.
3. Beuchat, L.R., and D.A. Mann. 2014. Survival of Salmonella on dried fruits and in aqueous dried fruit homogenates as affected by temperature. J. Food Prot. 77:1102-1109.
4. Chandra, V., M. Torres, and Y.R. Ortega. 2014. Efficacy of wash solutions in recovering Cyclospora cayetanensis, Cryptosporidium parvum, and Toxoplasma gondii from basil. J. Food Prot. 77:1348-1354.
5. Chen, D., T. Zhao, and M.P. Doyle. 2014. Transfer of foodborne pathogens during mechanical slicing and their inactivation by levulinic acid-based sanitizer on slicers. Food Microbiol. 38:263-269.
6. Chen, J., X.M. Wu, Y.-w. Huang, and Y.P. Zhao. 2014. Detection of E. coli using SERS active filters with silver nanorod array. Sensors and Actuators B-Chemical 191:485-490.
7. Choi, S., H. Kim, Y. Kim, B.S. Kim, L.R. Beuchat, and J.-H. Ryu. 2014. Fate of Bacillus cereus and naturally occurring microbiota on milled rice as affected by temperature and relative humidity. Food Microbiol. 38:122-127.
8. Deng, X.Y., N. Shariat, E.M. Driebe, C.C. Roe, B. Tolar, E. Trees, P. Keim, W. Zhang, E.G. Dudley, P.I. Fields,and D.M. Engelthaler. 2014. Comparative analysis of subtyping methods against a whole-genome-sequencing standard for Salmonella enterica serotype Enteritidis. J. Clin. Microbiol. 53:212-218.
9. Deng, X.Y., P.T. Desai, H.C. den Bakker, M. Mikoleit, B. Tolar, E. Trees, R.S. Hendriksen, J.G. Frye, S. Porwollik, B.C. Weimer, M. Wiedmann, G.M. Weinstock, P.I. Fields, and M. McClelland. 2014. Genomic epidemiology of Salmonella enterica serotype Enteritidis based on population structure of prevalent lineages. Emerg. Infect. Dis. 20:1481-1489.
10. Donado-Godoy, P., V. Clavijo, M. Leon, A. Arevalo, R. Castellanos, J. Bernal, M. Tafur, M.V. Ovalle, W.Q. Alali, M. Hume, J.J. Romero-Zuniga, I. Walls, and M.P. Doyle. 2014. Counts, serovars, and antimicrobial resistance phenotypes of Salmonella on raw chicken meat at retail in Colombia. J. Food Prot. 77:227-235.
11. Erickson, M.C., C. Smith, X. Jiang, I.D. Flitcroft, and M.P. Doyle. 2014. Survival of Salmonella enterica and Listeria monocytogenes in manure-based compost mixtures at sublethal temperatures. Agricult. Food Anal. Bacteriol. 4:224-238.
12. Erickson, M.C., C.C. Webb, J.C. Díaz-Pérez, L.E. Davey, A.S. Payton, I.D. Flitcroft, S.C. Phatak, and M.P. Doyle. 2014. Absence of internalization of Escherichia coli O157:H7 into germinating tissue of field-grown leafy greens. J. Food Prot. 77:189-196.
13. Erickson, M.C., C.C. Webb, L.E. Davey, A.S. Payton, I.D. Flitcroft, and M.P. Doyle. 2014. Biotic and abiotic variables affecting internalization and fate of Escherichia coli O157:H7 isolates in leafy green roots. J. Food Prot. 77:872-879.
14. Erickson, M.C., C.C. Webb, L.E. Davey, A.S. Payton, I.D. Flitcroft, and M.P. Doyle. 2014. Internalization and fate of Escherichia coli O157:H7 in leafy green phyllosphere tissue using various spray conditions. J. Food Prot. 77:713-721.
15. Erickson, M.C., J. Liao, L. Ma, X. Jiang, and M.P. Doyle. 2014. Thermal and non-thermal factors affecting survival of Salmonella and Listeria monocytogenes in animal manure-based compost mixtures. J. Food Prot. 77:1512-1518.
16. Erickson, M.C., J. Liao, X. Jiang, and M.P. Doyle. 2014. Contribution of chemical and physical factors to zoonotic pathogen inactivation during chicken manure composting. Agricult. Food Anal. Bacteriol. 4:96-108.
17. Erickson, M.C., J. Liao, X.P. Jiang, and M.P. Doyle. 2014. Inactivation of pathogens during aerobic composting of fresh and aged dairy manure and different carbon amendments. J. Food Prot. 77:1911-1918.
18. Erickson, M.C., M.Y. Habteselassie, J. Liao, C.C. Webb, V. Mantripragada, L.E. Davey, and M.P. Doyle. 2014. Examination of factors for use as potential predictors of human enteric pathogen survival in soil. J. Appl. Microbiol. 116:335-349.
19. Farakos, S.M.S., D.W. Schaffner, and J.F. Frank. 2014. Predicting survival of Salmonella in low-water activity foods: An analysis of literature data. J. Food Prot. 77:1448-1461.
20. Farakos, S.M.S., J.W. Hicks, and J.F. Frank. 2014. Temperature resistance of Salmonella in low-water activity whey protein powder as influenced by salt content. J. Food Prot. 77:631-634.
21. Farakos, S.M.S., J.W. Hicks, J.G. Frye, and J.F. Frank. 2014. Relative survival of four serotypes of Salmonella enterica in low-water activity whey protein powder held at 36 and 70°C at various water activity levels. J. Food Prot. 77:1198-1200.
22. Ginn, B.R., M.Y. Habteselassie, C. Meile, and A. Thompson. 2014. Effects of sample storage on microbial Fe-reduction in tropical rainforest soils. Soil Biol. Biochem. 68:44-51.
23. Habtselassie, M.Y., L. Xu, and J.M. Norton. 2014. Ammonia-oxidizer communities in an agricultural soil treated with contrasting nitrogen sources. Frontiers Microbiol. 4:326.
24. Han, C.Q., J. Chen, X.M. Wu, Y.-w. Huang, and Y.P. Zhao. 2014. Detection of metronidazole and ronidazole from environmental samples by surface enhanced Raman spectroscopy. Talanta 128:293-298.
25. Huang, G.L., L. Yang, M. Su, S-K. Wang, H. Yin, J.-S. Wang, and G.-J. Sun. 2014. Vitamin D3 and b-carotene deficiency is associated with risk of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma – Results of a case-control study in China. Asian Pacific J. Cancer Prev. 15:819-823.
26. Kaplan, R.M., B.E. Storey, A.N. Vidyashankar, B.W. Bissinger, S.M. Mitchell, S.B. Howell, M.E. Mason, M.D. Lee, A.A. Pedroso, A. Akashe, and D.J. Skrypec. 2014. Antiparasitic efficacy of a novel plant-based functional food using an Ascaris suum model in pigs. Acta Tropica 139:15-22.
27. Kim, B., J. Bang, N. Kim, Y. Kim, B.S. Kim, L.R. Beuchat, and J.-H. Ryu. 2014. Bacillus cereus and Bacillus thuringiensis spores in Korean rice: Prevalence and toxin production as affected by production area and degree of milling. Food Microbiol. 42:89-94.
28. Kotwal, G., and J.L. Cannon. 2014. Environmental persistence and transfer of enteric viruses. Curr. Opin. Virol. 4:37-43.
29. Mako, S.L., M.A. Harrison, V. Sharma, and F.B. Kong. 2014. Microbiological quality of packaged ice from various sources in Georgia. J. Food Prot. 77:1546-1553.
30. Malinak, C.M., C.C. Hofacre, S.R. Collett, H.L. Shivaprasad, S.M. Williams, H.S. Sellers, E. Myers, Y.T. Wang, and M. Franca. 2014. Tribasic copper chloride toxicosis in commercial broiler chicks. Avian Dis. 58:642-649.
31. Mitchell, N.J., K.S. Xue, S.H. Lin, A. Marroquin-Cardona, K.A. Brown, S.E. Elmore, L.L. Tang, A. Rosomer, W.C.A. Gelderblom, J.-S. Wang, and T.D. Phillips. 2014. Calcium montmorillonite clay reduces AFB1 and FB1 biomarkers in rats exposed to single and co-exposures of aflatoxin and fumonisin. J. Appl. Toxicol. 34:795-804.
32. Nam, H., H.-S. Seo, J. Bang, H. Kim, L.R. Beuchat, and J.-H. Ryu. 2014. Efficacy of gaseous chlorine dioxide in inactivating Bacillus cereus spores attached to and in a biofilm on stainless steel. Int. J. Food Microbiol. 188:122-127.
33. Newell, C.R., M. Doyle, and L. Ma. 2015. Inability of non-proteolytic Clostridium botulinum to grow in mussels inoculated via immersion and packaged in high oxygen atmospheres. Food Microbiol. 46:204-209.
34. Oakley, B.B., H.S. Lillehoj, M.H. Kogut, W.K. Kim, J.J. Maurer. A. Pedroso, M.D. Lee, S.R. Collett, T.J. Johnson, and N.A. Cox. 2014. The chicken gastrointestinal microbiome. FEMS Microbiol. Lett. 360:100-112.
35. O'Bryan, C.A., P.G. Crandall, M.L. Davis, G. Kostadini, K.E. Gibson, W.Q. Alali, D. Jaroni, S.C. Ricke, and J.A. Marcy. 2014. Mobile poultry processing units: a safe and cost-effective poultry processing option for the small-scale farmer in the United States. World's Poultry Sci. J. 70:787-802.
36. Oliver, C.W., D.E. Radcliffe, L.M. Risse, M. Habteselassie, R. Mukundan, J. Jeong, and N. Hoghooghi. 2014. Quantifying the contribution of on-site wastewater treatment systems to stream discharge using the SWAT model. J. Environ. Qual. 43:539-548.
37. Oliver, C.W., L.M. Risse, D.E. Radcliffe, M. Habteselassie, and J. Clarke. 2014. Evaluating potential impacts of on-site wastewater treatment systems on the nitrogen load and baseflow in streams of watersheds in metropolitan Atlanta, Georgia. Trans. ASABE 57:1121-1128.
38. Orozco-Mosqueda, G.E., O.A. Martinez-Loya, and Y.R. Ortega. 2014. Cyclospora cayetanensis in a pediatric hospital in Morelia, Mexico. Amer. J. Trop. Med. Hyg. 91:537-540.
39. Qian, G.Q., L.L. Tang, X. Guo, F. Wang, M.E. Massey, J.J. Su, T.L. Guo, J.H. Williams, T.D. Phillips, and J.-S. Wang. 2014. Aflatoxin B1 modulates the expression of phenotypic markers and cytokines by splenic lymphocytes of male F344 rats. J. Appl. Toxicol. 34:241-249.
40. Redzwan, S.M., J. Rosita, A.M.M. Sokhini, A.R. Nurul Aqilah, J.-S. Wang, M.-S. Kang, and A. Zuraini. 2014. Detection of serum AFB1-lysine adduct in Malaysia and its association with liver and kidney functions. Int. J. Hyg. Environ. Hlth. 217:443-451.
41. Robertson, L.J., H. Spong, Y.R. Ortega, J.W.B. van der Glessen, and R. Fayer. 2014. Impacts of globalisation on foodborne parasites. Trends Parasitol. 30:37-52.
42. Robertson, L.J., H. Sprong, Y. Ortega, J.W.B. van der Glessen, and R. Fayer. 2014. Response to Galan-Puchades and Fuentes: Taenia asiatica: neglected – but not forgotten – and almost certainly being quietly globalised. Trends Parasitol. 30:56-57.
43. Ryu, J.-H., M. Kim, E.-G. Kim. L.R. Beuchat, and H. Kim. 2014. Comparison of the microbiological quality of environmentally friendly and conventionally grown vegetables sold at retail markets in Korea. J. Food Sci. 79:M1739-M1744.
44. Schambach, B.T., M.E. Berrang, M.A. Harrison, and R.J. Meinersmann. 2014. Chemical additive to enhance antimicrobial efficacy of chlorine and control cross-contamination during immersion chill of broiler carcasses. J. Food Prot. 77:1583-1587.
45. Sowah, R., H. Zhang, D. Radcliffe, E. Bauske, and M.Y. Habteselassie. 2014. Evaluating the influence of septic systems and watershed characteristics on stream faecal pollution in suburban watersheds in Georgia, USA. J. Appl. Microbiol. 117:1500-1512.
44. Sulaiman, I.M., Y. Ortega, S. Simpson, and K. Kerdahi. 2014. Genetic characterization of human-pathogenic Cyclospora cayetanensis parasites from three endemic regions at the 18S ribosomal RNA locus. Infect. Genet. Evolut. 22:229-234.
45. Ta, Y.T., T.T. Nguyen, P.B. To, D.X. Pham, H.T.H. Le, G.N. Thi, W.Q. Alali, I. Walls, and M.P. Doyle. 2014. Quantification, serovars, and antibiotic resistance of Salmonella isolated from retail raw chicken meat in Vietnam. J. Food Prot. 77:57-66.
46. Torres, O., J. Matute, J. Gelineau-van Waes, J.R. Maddox, S.G. Gregory, A.E. Ashley-Koch, J.L. Showker, N.C. Zitomer, K.A. Voss, and R.T. Riley. 2014. Urinary fumonisin B1 and estimated fumonisin intake in women from high- and low-exposure communities in Guatemala. Molecul. Nutr. Food Res. 58:973-983.
47. Voss, K.A., R.T. Riley, and J. Gelineau-van Waes. 2014. Fumonisin B1 induced neural tube defects were not increased in Lm/Bc mice fed folate-deficient diet. Molecul. Nutr. Food Res. 58:1190-1198.
Wang, Y., B.W. Yang, Y. Cui, W.Q. Alali, X.D. Xia, M.L. Xi, X. Wang, X.M. Shi, D.P. Wang, and J.H. Meng. 2015. Subtyping of Salmonella isolates on retail raw chicken in China by pulsed-field gel electrophoresis and plasmid analysis. Food Control 47:420-426.
48. Wang, Y.F., W.L. Yang, V. Cama, L. Wang, L. Cabrera, Y. Ortega, C. Bern, Y.Y. Feng, R. Gilman, and L.H. Xiao. 2014. Population genetics of Cryptosporidium meleagridis in humans and birds: evidence for cross-species transmission. Int. J. Parasitol. 44:515-521.
49. Webb, C.C., M.C. Erickson, L.E. Davey, A.S. Payton, and M.P. Doyle. 2014. Construction and characterization of outbreak Escherichia coli O157:H7 surrogate strains for use in field studies. Foodborne Path. Dis. 11:893-899.
50. Wu, D.Z., W.Q. Alali, M.A. Harrison, and C.L. Hofacre. 2014. Prevalence of Salmonella in neck skin and bone of chickens. J. Food Prot. 77:1193-1197.
51. Yang, B.W., Y. Cui, C. Shi, J.Q. Wang, X.D. Xia, M.L. Xi., X. Wang, J.H. Meng, W.Q. Alali, I. Walls, and M.P. Doyle. 2014. Counts, serotypes, and antimicrobial resistance of Salmonella isolates on retail raw poultry in the People's Republic of China. J. Food Prot. 77:894-902.
52. Zhang, Y.L., M.Y. Habteselassie, E.P. Resurreccion, V. Mantripragada, S.S. Peng, S. Bauer., and L.M. Colosi. 2014. Evaluating removal of steroid estrogens by a model alga as a possible sustainability benefit of hypothetical integrated algae cultivation and wastewater treatment systems. ACS Sustainable Chem. Engr. 2:2544-2553.
53. Zhao, T., P. Zhao, D. Chen, R. Jadeja, Y.C. Hung, and M.P. Doyle. 2014. Reductions of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli and Salmonella Typhimurium on beef trim by lactic acid, levulinic acid, and sodium dodecyl sulfate treatments. J. Food Prot. 77:528-537.