1. Adetona, O., J. Zhang, D.B. Hall, J.-S. Wang, J.E. Vena, and L.P. Naeher. 2013. Occupational exposure to woodsmoke and oxidative stress in wildland firefighters. Sci. Total Environ. 449:269-275.
2. Alali, W.Q., C.L. Hofacre, G.F. Mathis, and G. Faltys. 2013. Effect of essential oil compound on shedding and colonization of Salmonella enterica serovar Heidelberg in broilers. Poultry Sci. 92:836-841.
3. Alali, W.Q., C.L. Hofacre, G. F. Mathis, G. Faltys, S.C. Ricke, and M.P. Doyle. 2013. Effect of non-pharmaceutical compounds on shedding and colonization of Salmonella enterica serovar Heidelberg in broilers. Food Control. 31:125-128.
4. Alali, W.Q., and D.W. Schaffner. 2013. Relationship between Listeria monocytogenes and Listeria spp. in seafood processing plants. J. Food Prot. 76:1279-1282.
5. Appling, D., M.Y. Habteselassie, D. Radcliffe, and J.K. Bradshaw. 2013. Preliminary study on the effect of wastewater storage in septic tank on E. coli concentration in summer. Water 5:1141-1151.
6. Aydin, A., J.L. Cannon, T. Zhao, and M.P. Doyle. 2013. Efficacy of a levulinic acid plus sodium dodecyl sulfate (SDS)-based sanitizer on inactivation of influenza A virus on eggshells. Food Environ. Virol. 5:215-219.
7. Bang, J., L.R. Beuchat, M. Gu, H.-I. Chang, and J.-H. Ryu. 2013. Development of a random genomic DNA microarray for the detection and identification of Listeria monocytogenes in milk. Int. J. Food Microbiol. 161:134-141.
8. Behnke, E.L., C.L. Hofacre, and R.D. Berghaus. 2013. Estimation of the prevalence of Salmonella species on the slatted area compared to the scratch area of broiler breeder chicken houses. Avian Dis. 57:634-639.
9. Berghaus, R.D., S.G. Thayer, B.F. Law, R.M. Milk, C.L. Hofacre, and R.S. Singer. 2013. Enumeration of Salmonella and Campylobacter in environmental farm samples and processing plant carcass rinses from commercial broiler chicken flocks. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 79:4106-4114.
10. Berrang , M.E. , J.F. Frank, and R.J. Meinersmann. 2013. Contamination of raw poultry meat by airborne Listeria originating from a floor drain. J. Appl. Poult. Res. 22:132-136.
11. Berrang , M.E. , R.J. Meinersmann, and J.F. Frank. 2013. Use of germicidal UV light to reduce low numbers of Listeria monocytogenes on raw chicken meat. J. Food Prot. 76:1969-1971.
12. Beuchat, L.R., E. Komitopoulou , H. Beckers, R.P. Betts, F. Bourdichon, S. Fanning, H.M. Joosten, and B.H. Ter Kuile. 2013. Low-water activity foods: Increased concern as vehicles of foodborne pathogens. J. Food Prot. 76:150-172.
13. Beuchat, L.R., D.A. Mann, and W.Q. Alali. 2013. Efficacy of sanitizers in reducing Salmonella on pecan nutmeats during cracking and shelling. J. Food Prot. 76:770-778.
14. Bolton , S.L., G. Kotwal, M.A. Harrison, S.E. Law, J.A. Harrison, and J.L. Cannon. 2013. Sanitizer efficacy against murine norovirus, a surrogate for human norovirus, on stainless steel surfaces using three application methods. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 79:1368-1377.
15. Cannon, J.L, G. Kotwal and Q. Wang. 2013. Inactivation of norovirus surrogates after exposure to atmospheric ozone. Ozone: Sci. Eng. 35:217-219.
16. Commodore, A.A., J.F. Zhang, Y. Chang, S.M. Hartinger, C.F. Lanata, D. Masezahi, A.I. Gil, D.B. Hall, M. Aguilar-Villalobos, J.E. Vena, J.-S. Wang, and L.P. Naeher. 2013. Concentrations of urinary 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine and 8-isoprostane in women exposed to woodsmoke in a cookstove intervention study in San Marcos , Peru . 2013. Environ. Int. 60:112-122.
17. De Lamo-Castellvi, S., R. Toledo, and J.F. Frank. 2013. Observation of injured E. coli population resulting from the application of high-pressure throttling treatments. J. Food Sci. 78:M582-M586.
18. Deng, X., J.K. Salazar, S. Frezet, D. MacCannell, E.M. Ribot, P.I. Fields, W.F. Fricke, and W. Zhang. 2013. Genome sequence of Salmonella enterica serotype Tennessee strain CDC07-0191, implicated in the 2006-2007 multistate food-borne outbreak linked to peanut butter in the United States . Genome Announcements 1(3):e00260-13.
19. Doyle, M.P., G.H. Loneragan, H.M. Scott, and R.S. Singer. 2013. Antimicrobial resistance: Challenges and perspectives. Compr. Rev. Food Sci. Food Safety 12:234-248.
20. Doyle, M.P., G.H. Loneragan, H.M. Scott, and R.S. Singer. 2013. Antimicrobial resistance and food animals. Food Technol. 67(3):42-44.
21. Erickson, M.C., J. Liao, A.S. Payton, C.C. Webb, L. Ma, G. Zhang, I. Flitcroft, M.P. Doyle, and L.R. Beuchat. 2013. Fate of Escherichia coli O157:H7 and Salmonella in soil and lettuce roots as affected by potential home gardening practices. J. Sci. Food Agric. 93:3841-3849.
22. Erickson, M.C., C.C. Webb, J.C. Díaz-Pérez, L.E. Davey, A.S. Payton, I.D. Flitcroft, S.C. Phatak, and M.P. Doyle. 2013. Internalization of Escherichia coli O157:H7 following spraying of cut shoots when leafy greens are regrown for a second crop. J. Food Prot. 76:2052-2056.
23. Farakos, S.M.S., S.M. Santillana, J.F. Frank, and D.W. Schaffner. 2013. Modeling the influence of temperature, water activity and water mobility on the persistence of Salmonella in low-moisture foods. Int. J. Food Microbiol. 166:280-293.
24. Ginn, B.R., M.Y. Habteselassie, C. Meile, and A. Thompson. 2013. Effects of sample storage on microbial Fe-reduction in tropical rainforest soils. Soil Biol. Biochem. 68:44-51.
25. Gómez-López, V.M., A. Marin, A. Allende, L.R. Beuchat, and M. I. Gil. 2013. Postharvest handling conditions affect internalization of Salmonella in baby spinach during washing. J. Food Prot. 76:1145-1152.
26. Harris, L.J., E.D. Berry, T. Blessington, M. Erickson, M. Jay-Russell, X. Jiang, K. Killinger, F.G. Michel, Jr., P. Millner, K. Schneider, M. Sharma, T.V. Suslow, L. Wang, and R.W. Worobo. 2013. A framework for developing research protocols for evaluation of microbial hazards and controls during production that pertain to the application of untreated soil amendments of animal origin on land used to grow produce that may be consumed raw. J. Food Prot. 76:1062-1084.
27. Harrison, J.A., J.W. Gaskin, M.A. Harrison, J.L. Cannon, R.R. Boyer, and G.W. Zehnder. 2013. Survey of food safety practices on small to medium-sized farms and in farmers markets. J. Food Prot. 76:1989-1993.
28. Jun, H., J. Kim, J. Bang, H. Kim, L.R. Beuchat, and J.-H. Ryu. 2013. Combined effects of plant extracts in inhibiting the growth of Bacillus cereus in reconstituted infant rice cereal. Int. J. Food Microbiol. 160:260-266.
29. Kendall , M.E. , R.K. Mody, B.E. Mahon , M.P. Doyle, K.M. Herman, and R.V. Tauxe. 2013. Emergence of salsa and guacamole as frequent vehicles of foodborne disease outbreaks in the United States, 1973-2008. Foodborne Path. Dis. 10:316-322.
30. Kim, S., J. Bang, H. Kim, L.R. Beuchat, and J.-H. Ryu. 2013. Inactivation of Escherichia coli O157:H7 on stainless steel upon exposure to Paenibacillus polymyxa biofilms. Int. J. Food Microbiol. 167:328-336.
31. Li, N., L.H. Xiao, V.A. Cama, Y. Ortega, R.H. Gilman, M.J. Guo, and Y.Y. Feng. 2013. Genetic recombination and Cryptosporidium hominis virulent subtype IbA10G2. Emerg. Infect. Dis. 19:1573-1582.
32. Liu, J., M. Wang, B. Tonnis, M.Y. Habteselassie, Z. Liao, and Q. Huang. 2013. Fungal pretreatment of switchgrass for improved saccharification and simultaneous enzyme production. Bioresource Technol. 135:39-45.
33. Lourenco, A., A. de Las Heras, M. Sortti, J. Vazquez-Boland, J.F. Frank, and L. Brito. 2013. Comparison of Listeria monocytogenes exoproteomes from biofilm and planktonic state: Lmo2504, a protein associated with biofilms. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 79:6075-6082.
34. Mesquita, J.R., V.P. Costantini, J.L. Cannon, S.C. Lin, M.S.J. Nascimento, and J. Vinje. 2013. Presence of antibodies against genogroup VI norovirus in humans. Virol. J. 10: Article 176.
35. Minicozzi, J., S. Sanchez, M.D. Lee, P. Holt, C.L. Hofacre, and J.J. Maurer. 2013. Development of recombinant flagellar antigens for serological detection of Salmonella enterica serotypes Enteritidis, Hadar, Heidelberg , and Typhimurium in poultry. Agriculture. 3:381-397.
36. Mitchell , N.J. , J. Kumi , N.M. Johnson, E. Dotse, J.-S. Wang, P.E. Polly, N.A. Ankrah, and T.D. Phillips. 2013. Reduction in the urinary aflatoxin M-1 biomarkers as an early indicator of the efficacy of dietary interventions to reduce exposure to aflatoxins. Biomarkers 18:391-398.
37. Owen, D., W. Mao, A. Alexeev, J.L. Cannon, and P.J. Hesketh. 2013. Microbeads for sampling and mixing in a complex sample. Micromachines. 4:103-115.
38. Pedroso, A.A., A.L. Hurley-Bacon, A.S. Zedek, T.W. Kwan, A.P.O. Jordan, G. Avellaneda, C.L. Hofacre, B.B. Oakley, S.R. Collett, J.J. Maurer, and M.D. Lee. 2013. Can probiotics improve the environmental microbiome and resistome of commercial poultry production? Int. J. Environ. Res. Publ. Hlth. 10:4534-4559.
39. Qian, G., L. Tang, X. Guo, F. Wang, M.E. Massey, J. Su, T.L. Guo, J.H. Williams, T.D. Phillips, and J.-S. Wang. 2013. Aflatoxin B1 modulates the expression of phenotypic markers and cytokines by splenic lymphocytes of male F344 rats. J. Appl. Toxicol. 34:241-249.
40. Qian, G.Q., L.L. Tang, F. Wang, X. Guo, M.E. Massey, J.H. Williams, T.D. Phillips, and J.-S. Wang. 2013. Physiologically based toxicokinetics of serum aflatoxin B-1-lysine adduct in F344 rats. Toxicol. 303:147-151.
41. Qian, G.Q., F. Wang, L.L. Tank, M.E. Massey, N.J. Mitchell, J.J. Su, J.H. Williams, T.D. Phillips, and J.-S. Wang. 2013. Integrative toxicopathological evaluation of aflatoxin B1 exposure in F344 rats. Toxicol. Pathol. 41:1093-1105.
42. Roulo, R., J.D. Fishburn, L. Alworth, A. Hoberman and M.A. Smith. 2013. Producing timed-program Mongolian gerbils for developmental studies. Lab Animal 42:380-383.
43. Shen, C.L., M.C. Chyu, and J.-S. Wang. 2013. Tea and bone health: steps forward in translational nutrition. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 98:1694S-1699S.
44. St. Helen, G., N.T. Holland, J.R. Balmes, D.B. Hall, J.T. Bernert, V.E. Vena, J.-S. Wang, and L.P. Naeher. 2013. Utility of urinary Clara cell protein (CC16) to demonstrate increased lung epithelial permeability in non-smokers exposed to outdoor secondhand smoke. J. Exp. Sci. Environ. Epidemiol. 23:183-189.
45. Stelzeni, A.M., A. Ponrajan, and M.A. Harrison. 2013. Effects of buffered vinegar and sodium dodecyl sulfate plus levulinic acid on Salmonella Typhimurium survival, shelf-life, and sensory characteristics of ground beef patties. Meat Sci. 95:1-7.
46. Sulaiman, I. , Y. Ortega, S. Simpson, and K. Kerdahi. 2013. Genetic characterization of human-pathogenic Cyclospora cayetanensis parasites from three endemic regions at the 18S ribosomal RNA locus. Infect. Genet. Evol. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.meegid.2013.07.015.
47. Sulaiman, I.M., M.P. Torres, S. Simpson, K. Kerdahi, andY. Ortega. 2013. Sequence characterization of heat shock protein gene of Cyclospora Cayetanensis parasites from Nepal , Mexico , and Peru . J Parasitol. 99:379-382.
48. Trimble, L.M., W.Q. Alali, K.E. Gibson , S.C. Ricke, P. Crandall, D. Jaroni, and M. Berrang. 2013. Salmonella and Campylobacter prevalence and concentration on pasture-raised broilers processed on-farm in a mobile processing unit, and at small USDA-inspected facilities. Food Contr. 34:177-182.
49. Trimble, L.M., W.Q. Alali, K.E. Gibson, S.C. Ricke, P. Crandall, D. Jaroni, M. Berrang, and MY. Habteselassie. 2013. Prevalence and concentration of Salmonella and Campylobacter in the processing environment of small-scale pastured broiler farms. Poultry Sci. 92:3060-3066.
50. Van Loo, E.J., W.Q. Alali, S. Welander, C.A. O'Bryan, P.G. Crandall, and S.C. Ricke. 2013. Independent poultry processing in Georgia : Survey of producers' perspective. Agric. Food Anal. Bacteriol. 3:70-77.
51. Voss K.A., R.T. Riley , N.D. Moore, and T.D. Burns. 2013. Alkaline cooking (nixtamalisation) and the reduction in the in vivo toxicity of fumonisin-contaminated corn in a rat feeding bioassay. Food Addit. Contam. Part A. 30:1415-1421.
52. Wang, Q., M. Erickson, Y.R. Ortega, and J.L. Cannon. 2013. The fate of murine norovirus and hepatitis A virus during preparation of fresh produce by cutting and grating. Food Environ. Virol. 5:52-60.
53. Wang, Q., M.C. Erickson, Y. Ortega, and J.L. Cannon. 2013. Physical removal and transfer of murine norovirus and hepatitis A virus from contaminated produce by scrubbing and peeling. J. Food Prot. 76:85-92.
54. Webb, C.C., L.E. Davey, M. Erickson, and M.P. Doyle. 2013. Evaluation of levulinic acid and sodium dodecyl sulfate as a sanitizer for use in processing Georgia-grown cantaloupes. J. Food Prot. 76L1767-1772.
55. Wu, X.M., J. Chen, B. Park, Y.-W. Huang, and Y.P. Zhao. 2013. The use of silver nanorod array-based surface-enhanced Raman scattering sensor for food safety applications. Adv. Appl. Nanotechnol. Agric. 1143:85-108.
56. Wu, X.M., C. Xu, R.A. Tripp, Y.-W. Huang, and Y.P. Zhao. 2013. Detection and differentiation of foodborne pathogenic bacteria in mung bean sprouts using field deployable label-free SERS devices. Analyst 138:3005-3012.
57. Zhang, H., S.V. Pennisi, S.J. Kays, and M.Y. Habteselassie. 2013. Isolation and identification of toluene-metabolizing bacteria from rhizospheres of two indoor plants. Wat. Air Soil Pollut. 224:Article 1648.
58. Zhang, H., E.J. Petersen, M.Y. Habteselassie, L. Mao, and Q.G. Huang. 2013. Degradation of multiwall carbon nanotubules by bacteria. Environ. Pollut. 181:335-339.
59. Zhao, T., T. Todtburg, P. Zhao, D. Chen, D.A. Baker, B. Cords, and M.P. Doyle. 2013. Reduction by competitive bacteria of Listeria monocytogenes in biofilms and Listeria sp. in floor drains in a ready-to-eat poultry processing plant. J. Food Prot. 76:601-607.