1. Alali, W.Q., S. Thakur, R.D. Berghaus, M.P. Martin, and W.A. Gebreyes. 2010. Prevalence and distribution of Salmonella in organic and conventional broiler poultry farms. Foodborne Path. Dis. 7:1363-1371.
2. Bang, J., L.R. Beuchat, M.B. Gu, H.I. Chang, and J.-H. Ryu. 2010. Identification of Yersinia enterocolitica using a random genomic DNA microarray chip. Lett. Appl. Microbiol. 51:665-670.
3. Berrang , M.E. , J.F. Frank, and R.J. Meinersmann. 2010. Listeria monocytogenes biofilm formation on silver ion impregnated cutting boards. Food Prot. Trends 30:168-171.
4. Berrang , M.E. , R.J. Meinersmann, J.F. Frank, and S.R. Ladely. 2010. Colonization of a newly constructed commercial chicken further processing plant with Listeria monocytogenes. J. Food Prot. 73:286-291.
5. Beuchat, L.R., and D.A. Mann. 2010. Factors affecting infiltration and survival of Salmonella on in-shell pecans and pecan nutmeats. J. Food Prot. 73:1257-1268.
6. Beuchat, L.R., and D.A. Mann. 2010. Survival and Growth of Salmonella in high-moisture pecan nutmeats, in-shell pecans, inedible nut components, and orchard soil. J. Food Prot. 73:1975-1985.
7. Cardenas, V.M., K.D. Mena, M. Ortiz, S. Karri, E. Variyam, C.B. Behravesh, K.F. Snowden, A. Flisser, J.R. Bristol, L.F. Mayberry, Y.R. Ortega, Y. Fukuda, A. Campos, and D.Y. Graham. 2010. Hyperendemic H. pylori and tapeworm infections in a US-Mexico border population. Publ. Health Rept. 125:441-447.
8. Chen, L.X., C.X. Shao, E. Cobos, J.-S. Wang, and W.M. Gao. 2010. 4-(methylnitro-samino)-1-(3-pyridyl)-1-butanone induces CRM1-dependent P53 nuclear accumulation in human bronchial epithelial cells. Toxicol. Sci. 116:206-215.
9. Cooper, M.A., C.R. Sterling, R.H. Gilman, V. Cama, Y. Ortega, and R.D. Adam. 2010. Molecular analysis of household transmission of Giardia lamblia in a region of high endemicity in Peru . J. Infect. Dis. 202:1713-1721.
10. Cox, N.A., L.J. Richardson, J.A. Cason, R.J. Buhr, Y. Vizzier-Thaxton, D.P. Smith, P.J. Fedorka-Cray, C.P. Romanenghi, L.V.B. Pereira, and M.P. Doyle. 2010. Comparison of neck skin excision and whole carcass rinse sampling methods for microbiological evaluation of broiler carcasses before and after immersion chilling. J. Food Prot. 73:976-980.
11. Critzer, F.J., and M.P. Doyle. 2010. Microbial ecology of foodborne pathogens associated with produce. Curr. Opin. Biotechnol. 21:125-130.
12. Critzer, F.J., D.H. D'Souza, A.M. Saxton, and D.A. Golden. 2010. Increased transcription of the phosphate-specific transport system of Escherichia coli O157:H7 after exposure to sodium benzoate. J. Food Prot. 73:819-824.
13. Dorea, F.C., R. Berghaus, C. Hofacre, and D.J. Cole. 2010. Survey of biosecurity protocols and practices adopted by growers on commercial poultry farms in Georgia, U. S. A. Avian Dis. 54:1007-1015.
14. Dorea, F.C., D.J. Cole, C. Hofacre, K. Zamperini, D. Mathis, M.P. Doyle, M.D. Lee, and J.J. Maurer. 2010. Effect of Salmonella vaccination of breeder chickens on contamination of broiler chicken carcasses in integrated poultry operations. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 76:7820-7825.
15. Dorea, F.C., A.R. Vieira, C. Hofacre, D. Waldrip, and D.J. Cole. 2010. Stochastic model of the potential spread of highly pathogenic avian influenza from an infected commercial broiler operation in Georgia . Avian Dis. 54:713-719.
16. Du, X.B., H.Y. Chu, Y.-W. Huang, and Y.P. Zhao. 2010. Qualitative and quantitative determination of melamine by surface-enhanced Raman spectroscopy using silver nanorod array substrates. Appl. Spectroscopy 64:781-785.
17. Erickson, M.C. 2010. Microbial risks associated with cabbage, carrots, celery, onions, and deli salads made with these produce items. Compr. Rev. Food Sci. Food Safety 9:602-619.
18. Erickson, M.C., J. Liao, G. Boyhan, C. Smith, L. Ma, X.P. Jiang, and M.P. Doyle. 2010. Fate of manure-borne pathogen surrogates in static composting piles of chicken litter and peanut hulls. Bioresource Technol. 101:1014-1020.
19 Erickson, M.C., J. Liao, A.S. Payton, D.G. Riley, C.C. Webb, L.E. Davey, S. Kimbrel, L. Ma, G.D. Zhang, I. Flitcroft, M.P. Doyle, and L.R. Beuchat. 2010. Preharvest internalization of Escherichia coli O157:H7 into lettuce leaves, as affected by insect and physical damage. J. Food Prot. 73:1809-1816.
20. Erickson, M.C., C.C. Webb, J.C. Diaz-Perez, S.C. Phatak, J.J. Silvoy, L. Davey, A.S. Payton, J. Liao, L. Ma, and M.P. Doyle. 2010. Infrequent internalization of Escherichia coli O157:H7 into field-grown leafy greens. J. Food Prot. 73:500-506.
21. Erickson, M.C., C.C. Webb, J.C. Diaz-Perez, S.C. Phatak, J.J. Silvoy, L. Davey, A.S. Payton, J. Liao, L. Ma, and M.P. Doyle. 2010. Surface and internalized Escherichia coli O157:H7 on field-grown spinach and lettuce treated with spray-contaminated irrigation water. J. Food Prot. 73:1023-1029.
22. Harvey, R.C., C.G. Mullighan, I.M. Chen, W. Wharton, F.M. Mikhail, A.J. Carroll, H.N. Kang, W. Liu, K.K. Dobbin, M.A. Smith, W.L. Carroll, M. Devidas, W.P. Bowman, B.M. Camitta, G.H. Reaman, S.P. Hunger, J.R. Downing, and C.L. Willman. 2010. Rearrangement of CRLF2 is associated with mutation of JAK kinases, alteration of IKZF1, Hispanic/Latino ethnicity, and a poor outcome in pediatric B-progenitor acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Blood 115:5312-5321.
23. Heringa , S.D. , J. Kim, X.P. Jiang, M.P. Doyle, and M.C. Erickson. 2010. Use of a mixture of bacteriophages for biological control of Salmonella enterica strains in compost. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 76:5327-5332.
24. Huang, K.M., S.M. Liu, Y.J. Chen, Y.-W. Huang, J.F. Deng, and D.F. Hwang. 2010. Identification of causative agents and species in shrimp implicated in a food poisoning case in Taiwan . J. Food Prot. 73:2250-2255.
25. Johnson, N.M., G.Q. Qian, L. Xu, D. Tietze, A. Marroquin-Cardona, A. Robinson, M. Rodriguez, L. Kaufman, K. Cunningham, J. Wittmer, F. Guerra, K.C. Donnelly, J.H. Williams, J.-S. Wang, and T.D. Phillips. 2010. Aflatoxin and PAH exposure biomarkers in a U.S. population with a high incidence of hepatocellular carcinoma. Sci. Total Environ. 408:6027-6031.
26. Khalil, R.K. and J.F. Frank. 2010. Inactivation of Salmonella and Escherichia coli O157:H7 on damaged leaves of spinach, lettuce, cilantro and parsley stored at abusive temperatures. J. Food Prot. 73:212-220.
27. Khare, S., W. Alali, S.P. Zhang, D. Hunter, R. Pugh, F.C. Fang, S.J. Libby, and L.G. Adams. 2010. Vaccination with attenuated Salmonella enterica Dublin expressing E. coli O157:H7 outer membrane protein intimin induces transient reduction of fecal shedding of E. coli O157:H7 in cattle. BMC Vet. Res. 6:35.
28. Kim, H., H. Kim, J. Bang, L.R. Beuchat, and J.-H. Ryu. 2010. Synergistic effect of chlorine dioxide and drying treatments for inactivating Escherichia coli O157:H7 on radish seeds. J. Food Prot. 73:1225-1230.
29. Knap, I. , B. Lund, A.B. Kehlet, C. Hofacre, and G. Mathis. 2010. Bacillus licheniformis prevents necrotic enteritis in broiler chickens. Avian Dis. 54:931-935.
30. Lumpkins, B.S., A.B. Batal, and M.D. Lee. 2010. Evaluation of the bacterial community and intestinal development of different genetic lines of chickens. Poultry Sci. 89:1614-1621.
31. Ma, L., G.D. Zhang, P. Gerner-Smidt, R.V. Tauxe, and M.P. Doyle. 2010. Survival and growth of Salmonella in salsa and related Ingredients. J. Food Prot. 73:434-444.
32. Mead, G., A.M. Lammerding, N. Cox, M.P. Doyle, F. Humbert, A. Kulikovskiy, A. Panin, V.P. do Nascimento, and M. Wierup. 2010. Scientific and technical factors affecting the setting of Salmonella criteria for raw poultry: Global perspective. J. Food Prot. 73:1566-1590.
33. Miller, R.W., J. Skinner, A. Sulakvelidze, G.F. Mathis, and C.L. Hofacre. 2010. Bacteriophage therapy for control of necrotic enteritis of broiler chickens experimentally infected with Clostridium perfringens. Avian Dis. 54:33-40.
34. Ortega, Y.R. and R. Sanchez. 2010. Update on Cyclospora cayetanensis, a food-borne and waterborne parasite. Clin. Microbiol. Rev. 23:218-234.
35. Richardson , A.N., L.R. Beuchat, S. Lambert, D. Williams, and M.A. Smith. 2010. Comparison of virulence of three strains of Cronobacter sakazakii in neonatal CD-1 mice. J. Food Prot. 73:849-854.
36. Shen, C.-L., M.-C. Chyu, B.C. Pence, J.K. Yeh, Y. Zhang, C.K. Felton, S. Doctolero, and J.-S. Wang. 2010. Green tea polyphenols supplementation and Tai Chi exercise for postmenopausal osteopenic women: safety and quality of life report. BMC Complementary Alternative Medicine 10:76.
37. Shen, C.-L., J.K. Yeh, J.J. Cao, O.L. Tatum, R.Y. Dagda, and J.-S. Wang. 2010. Synergistic effects of green tea polyphenols and alphacalcidol on chronic inflammation-induced bone loss in female rats. Osteoporosis Intl. 21:1841-1852.
38. Shen, C.-L., J.K. Yeh, J.J. Cao, O.L. Tatum, R.Y. Dagda, and J.-S. Wang. 2010. Green tea polyphenols mitigate bone loss of female rats in a chronic inflammation-induced bone loss model. J. Nutr. Biochem. 21:968-974.
39. Shepherd, M.W., P. Liang, X. Jiang, M.P. Doyle, and M.C. Erickson. 2010. Microbiological analysis of composts produced on South Carolina poultry farms. J. Appl. Microbiol. 108:2067-2076.
40. Shuaib, F.M.B., P.E. Jolly, J.E. Ehiri, N. Yatich, Y. Jiang, E. Funkhouser, S.D. Person, C. Wilson, W.O. Ellis, J.-S. Wang, and J.H. Williams. 2010. Association between birth outcomes and aflatoxin B-1 biomarker blood levels in pregnant women in Kumasi , Ghana . Trop. Med. Int. Health 15:160-167.
41. Svetoch, E.A., and N.J. Stern. 2010. Bacteriocins to control Campylobacter spp. in poultry - A review. Poultry Sci. 89:1763-1768,
42. Svetoch, E.A., B.V. Eruslanov, V.V. Perelygin, V.P. Levchuk, B.S. Seal, and N.J. Stern. 2010. Inducer bacteria, unique signal peptides, and low-nutrient media stimulate in vitro bacteriocin production by Lactobacillus spp. and Enterococcus spp. strains. J. Agric. Food Chem. 58:6033-6038.
43. Tauxe, R.V., M.P. Doyle, T. Kuchenmueller, J. Schlundt, and C.E. Stein. 2010. Evolving public health approaches to the global challenge of foodborne infections. Int. J. Food Microbiol. 139:S16-S28.
44. Tian, P., D. Yang, X. Jiang, W. Zhong, J.L. Cannon, W. Burkhardt, J.W. Woods, G. Hartman, L. Lindesmith, R.S. Baric, and R. Mandrell. 2010. Specificity and kinetics of norovirus binding to magnetic bead-conjugated histo-blood group antigens. J. Appl. Microbiol. 109:1753-1762.
45. Voss, K.A. 2010. A new perspective on deoxynivalenol and growth suppression. Toxicol. Sci. 113:281-283.
46. Voss, K.A., and M.E. Snook. 2010. Stability of the mycotoxin deoxynivalenol (DON) during the production of flour-based foods and wheat flake cereal. Food Additives Contaminants Part A 27:1694-1700.
48. Wedral, D., R. Shewfelt, and J. Frank. 2010. The challenge of Brettanomyces in wine. LWT-Food Sci. Technol. 43:1474-1479.
49. Williams, J.H., J.A. Grubb, J.W. Davis, J.-S. Wang, P.E. Jolly, N.A. Ankrah, W.O. Ellis, E. Afriyie-Gyawu, N.M. Johnson, A.G. Robinson, and T.D. Phillips. 2010. HIV and hepatocellular and esophageal carcinomas related to consumption of mycotoxin-prone foods in sub-Saharan Africa . Amer. J. Clin. Nutr. 92:154-160.
50. Williams, S.M., J.A. Smith, M. Garcia, D. Brinson, M. Kiupel, and C. Hofacre. 2010. Severe histiolymphocytic and heterophilic bronchopneumonia as a reaction to in ovo fowlpox vaccination in broiler chicks. Vet. Pathol. 47S1:176-179.
51. Xu, L., Q. Cai., L. Tang, S. Wang, X. Hu, J. Su, G. Sun, and J.-S. Wang. 2010. Evaluation of fumonisin biomarkers in a cross-sectional study with two high-risk populations in China . Food Additives Contaminants Part A 27:1161-1169.
52. Xu, L., G.Q. Qian, L. Tang, J.J. Su, and J.-S. Wang. 2010. Genetic variations of hepatitis B virus and serum aflatoxin-lysine adduct on high risk of hepatocellular carcinoma in Southern Guangxi, China . J. Hepatology 53:671-676.
53. Zhang, G.P., G.F. Mathis, C.L. Hofacre, P. Yaghmaee, R.A. Holley, and T.D. Durance. 2010. Effect of a radiant energy-treated lysozyme antimicrobial blend on the control of Clostridial necrotic enteritis in broiler chickens. Avian Dis. 54:1298-1300.
54. Zhao, T., P. Zhao, and M.P. Doyle. 2010. Inactivation of Escherichia coli O157:H7 and Salmonella Typhimurium DT 104 on alfalfa seeds by levulinic acid and sodium dodecyl sulfate. J. Food Prot. 73:2010-2017.